This is a Part-Time, Year Round Permanent Position – An average of 12 hours of work per week.
The Executive Director reports to the Tourism Pemberton Board of Directors and is responsible for the following:
- Daily info@ email account monitoring, reply to emails, etc.
- Source and complete local, provincial and federal government grants
- Schedule Monthly Board Meetings
- Agenda and document prep for Board Meetings
- Attend and capture notes during in-person Board Meetings, prepare meeting minutes and send-out to Board
- Membership Sales – prepare and email invoices to Members following AGM (end of February each year). Prepare payment receipt. Follow-up on payment as required.
- Prepare and email (monthly) Member e-newsletters
- Update and/or create NEW Member listings on Tourism Pemberton website and introduce via Facebook post.
- Pemberton Map Ad Sales & Production– contact past businesses/Members, invoice and collect ad payment as required, assist with production of the Map (with Pique Newsmagazine).
- Check Tourism Pemberton Canada Post Mail Box once a week
- Send invoices to Accountant for payment as required
- Liaise with Visitor Centre re visitor enquiries, map re-stocking and other items
- Prepare letters of support and/or request/proposal as required
- Prepare other general communications as required
- Schedule and monitor Board Attendance at Village of Pemberton Council Meetings
- Schedule Annual General Meeting (AGM)
- Advertise AGM via ad in the Pique
- Prepare Agenda for AGM
- Attend and capture notes during AMG, prepare meeting minutes and send-out
- File Annual Report with BC Societies (online)
- Act as lead contact for the Tourism Pemberton bank accounts
- Monitor the Visitor Centre recommendations and the impact on our Members
- Other administrative duties as required
- Coordinating ongoing website development including updates and changes
- Liaising with community groups, as required
- Management of regional marketing campaigns including the Range Beyond Range Circle Route
- Daily posting on Tourism Pemberton Facebook and Instagram channels
- Managing and updating the Tourism Pemberton App
- Book, design and submit ads as required (Landmark Media Map, GoCamping, Backroad Mapbooks)
- Lead/management of the annual Pemberton Farm Tour program
- Work cooperatively with Co-op Marketing Partners (Whistler, Squamish AND Lillooet, Bridge River Valley)
- Management of Tourism Pemberton’s video & photo materials
- Update Pemberton Hiking Map and Pemberton Map as required
- Assist and/or host media as required
- Respond to media requests via Destination BC – promote Members where possible!
- Draft and distribute press releases as required
- Assist with the development of the annual Pemberton Visitor Guide in partnership with Pique Newsmagazine
- Report to the Tourism Pemberton Board of Directors on deliverable items as required
- Provide insight and information regarding new and existing marketing initiatives to the Tourism Pemberton Board of Directors as required
- Other items that may arise and are mutually agreed upon by the Executive Director and the Tourism Pemberton Board of Directors
Slow Food Cycle Sunday Responsibilities
- Plan, organize and execute the annual Slow Food Cycle Sunday that takes place the 3rd Sunday in August in Pemberton, BC
The Ideal Candidate
- Works independently with attention to time lines and details within the budget allocated
- Has experience using and engaging on various Social Media channels
- Has marketing / advertising experience
- Has knowledge of marketing/ad design
- Is able to use Canva or other design program
- Has a minimum of 5 years event management/production experience
Tourism Pemberton offers an exciting work experience including:
- Competitive contract wage
- Flexible hours
- Complimentary Tourism Pemberton Membership
- Opportunity to work from home
The Executive Direct position is currently scheduled to commence at the beginning of February 2023.